The first step in learning how to clean baking pans in 5 minutes or less is to wipe the inside surface with a paper towel to remove excess grease and food debris.
Some baking pans offer an easy cleaning surface if correctly used. These simple steps will keep your pans cooking and looking great.
Yours Free:things needed to start a cake business eBook
What You Will Need:
- Non-abrasive nylon scrubber
- Dish soap
- Warm water
Steps to Clean Baking Pans
- If there is a layer of oil that is difficult to remove, fill the pan with water and add 1⁄2 cup of vinegar.
- Bring the water/vinegar mixture to a boil.
- As the mixture boils, the oil layer will rise to the top.
- Remove the oil and dispose of the water.
- Rinse the baking pan using warm water and soap with a nylon scrubber.
- Rinse completely and dry with a soft cloth.
Additional Tips and Advice
Some pans are designed to be used with no oils.
Limit the use of cooking sprays as they can leave a residue that is hard to remove.
Avoid harsh cleaners or abrasive scrubbers.
If you are not able to wash a cooled pan immediately, fill it with water to keep the residue from drying.
However, if you have any burnt residue that doesn’t come out right away, the advice is not to force it, as you can end up scratching the material of the baking sheet. Save this step for later.
First, look at what you can use to do this cleaning naturally:
1 – Using Baking Soda
Make a solution with boiling water and 1 cup of baking soda, it can be in a large container that fits in the baking dish or even in the sink.
Soak the mold for 1 to 2 hours, as needed, until the residue of dirt is removed.
Then with a sponge, use the yellow side, remove thick crusts and food debris. Then wash with detergent until completely clean.
If necessary, repeat the process more than once until there are no signs of dirt. Another tip, to make the fat come out faster, is to heat the baking dish a little with water, but do not let it boil.
2 – Using Detergent
This technique of how to clean baking mold with detergent is more valid for aluminum materials, since it is easier to wash.
To do this, soak it in warm soapy water for a few minutes, and when the grease starts to peel off, scrub with a sponge and a little more detergent.
Note: Do not use soap or steel sponge so that your baking sheet does not lose its shine.
3 – Using White Vinegar
This tip is for aluminum and stainless steel appliances. Put water in the mold, 5 tablespoons of white vinegar, bring the pan to medium heat and bring to a boil.
Once cool, scrub with a sponge and mild detergent.
4 – Using Lemon Juice
Another tip on How to Clean Stainless Steel Baking Mold is to squeeze two lemons into the utensil and soak for a few minutes.
With this, the lemon acid helps to remove stains and traces of grease. Then wash normally with a soft sponge and detergent.
5 – Using Tomato Sauce
• If your baking pan is ceramic, sauce sticks and burns, the solution is simple.
• Put 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce on the burnt oven proof tray, fill it with water and bring to a boil over medium heat, always stirring with a spoon to remove the burned.
• Allow to cool, pour in water and wash with a sponge and detergent. Avoid using a steel sponge to avoid scratching the utensil.
6 – More Powerful Solution
If the dirt is too “stuck” and does not come off easily, find a solution by combining all the products used in the previous steps.
- Put in your baking dish:
- 1 liter of water;
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- Then boil for a few minutes, cool and wash normally with a sponge and detergent.
How to Keep Baking Pans Clean
Ideally, to prevent food from sticking and becoming difficult to remove, is to cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, parchment paper, depending on what is being baked, and also, you can find reusable baking molds in supermarkets These, in turn, are very effective.
How To Clean a Sticky Non Stick Pan
For this type of material, there are some basic but necessary care.
Do not wash in the dishwasher
Whenever you use the mold, use silicone, nylon or bamboo utensils
Do not wash with a steel sponge, always use a soft sponge.
Now you can bake in your oven and clean your pan without drama. Invest in these homemade but efficient techniques.
Hope this answers your question about how to clean baking pans in 5 minutes. Subscribe to our youtube channel here.